Soon after Paige's diagnosis, I had the opportunity to meet "CF Great" Dr. Warren Warwick; inventor of the Vest and nationally recognized CF expert. After patiently answering the 100 or so questions I launched his way in rapid succession, Dr. Warwick turned to me and said, "OK, now I have a question for you - what do you like about CF?"
I opened my mouth and waited for something brilliant to come out...but it never did. After spending some time pondering this all-important, life-changing question, I've come up with a list...just in case he cares to ask when we meet in Heaven:
1. I love how CF pulls our family together and reminds us that we are a team instead of "ships passing in the night."
2. I love the fact that CF repeatedly forces us to surrender control to something bigger than ourselves.
3. I love how CF teaches us to live in the moment and appreciate each healthy day we are given.
4. I love the fact that CF shows us time and time again how kind, loving, and compassionate the people in this world can be.
5. I love the families and individuals affected by CF that we have met on this journey.
While I am anxious for a cure to be found, it is clear to me that in some ways, this disease has been "a gift." A gift that challenges each and every member of our family to grow stronger and wiser.